Posts by :
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
Damnoen Saduak District, Ratchaburi Province , Thailand
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is one of the oldest floating market in Thailand which has been existed for more than one hundred years. Damnoen Saduak Floating Market locates in Ratchaburi Province and connects with Samut Sakhon and Samut Songkhram Province, helping the people to live in those provinces to commute with ease. Damnoen Saduak Floating Market opens from 8.00-13.00 hour. Visitors may expect to find food, utility items, handcrafts, and souvenirs. The market’s famous magical vibe is owing to its authenticity where vendors continues to live their lifestyle and sell their goods from their farm.
For boat cruise service
ฺWebsite : www.floatingmarketthai.com
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market never has low season due to year-round frequent visitors and remain lively throughout the years.
The market starts to become livelier by the time this photo is taken at 9.30. the recommended time for visiting is 8.00-13.00.
Before 10 am, visitor has the opportunity to catch a glimpse of old lifestyle where sellers row their boats to sell fruits product. However, after 10 a is the time where service boat usually brings in foreign tourists and the smaller boats has to make way.
After 10 am, a tour bus from Bangkok usually visits Damnoen Saduak Floating Market for boat cruise service before traveling further south or westward to Kanchanaburi.
Both sides of the canal are a golden location, providing many souvenirs and gifts.
Visitors can experience a demonstration of coconut sugar production in traditional way at Tao-Tan-Bang-Le where visitors can participate in the process and take picture. The demonstration is available everyday throughout the day.
Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Activities
- Walking along the canal: enjoy a stroll along the canal and experience the wide offering of food from both stall and boats. Fruits and handcrafts are also popular.
- Boat cruise: experience the life of the locals along the canal. At the floating market, rowing boat cruise service is available for 500 Baht (4-5 persons capacities), and motorboat is available at 800 Baht (6 persons capacities). The cruise takes you along the floating market, visit local farmers, and to the traditional sugar factory. The overall experience takes around 60-120 minutes depending. Within 1 Km. away from the floating market, there is an elephant ride service and police station to help service the foreign visitors and provide a layer of protection against scammer. Wide variety of foods are available via the offering of boat vendors along the canal line. There are also banks in the area to provide rate of exchange and currency exchange service.
- Address: Damnoen Saduak District, Ratchaburi Province
GPS : N13.519798810857443 , E99.96007204055786
Recommended time: 8:00-13:00 Hr. (The market becomes more empty afterward) For Saturday to Sunday the market open hour extends to 14:00 Hr.
- Hire boat service (Thai national rate)
Rowing boat cruise service is available for 500 Baht maximum for 1 hour (4-5 persons capacities).
Motorboat cruise is available for 800 Baht maximum for 1 hour/ 1,200 Baht for 2 hours (6 persons capacities).
Hire boat service (Foreign national rate)
Rowing boat cruise service is available for 800 Baht maximum for 1 hour (4-5 persons capacities).
- Motorboat cruise is available for 2,000 Baht maximum for 1 hour/ 3,000 Baht for 2 hours (6 persons capacities).